Friday, November 11, 2005

Yes, I'm a Turker

I guess I've become a real Turker now. I swore I was going to hold off on doing any more hits until my pending hits started being processed, but I still did 100 of them tonight after I got home. It's like having a huge bowl of M&Ms in front of you while you're laying on the couch. You swear you're going to stop eating them, but then you grab another one.

There's some great comments being posted on the blog and I thank you guys for contributing. If you haven't done so yet, check out another great blog by a fellow Turker over at the Mechanical Turk Monitor. He's got some great information about using a script to automate Hit acceptance and some cool pictures he's seen while doing image adjustment, including the reflection of the vehicle taking the pictures.

I'm surprised they're using an SUV since that's not very economical for driving around a city all day taking pictures. I'm a little bit of a snob I guess since I drive a Honda Civic that gets almost 40 mpg. Maybe they need more height to get better shots. One thing I would recommend would be to take as many pictures as possible on the weekend so avoid a lot of the UPS and Fedex vans which seem to show up and block a lot of the pictures I've seen so far.

1 comment:

cobaltgrc said...

Especially when you're running mTurk with that Greasemonkey script. You just can't stop.