Monday, November 14, 2005

Changes

So while I was away the Black Box made it's appearance as shown below. It seems to have already caused controversy among all the Turkers out there. I guess I see it as a current necessary evil to prevent script kiddies from ruining everything for the rest of us.

This doesn't address the real issue, which needs to be handled by the A9 team that takes the pictures. I couldn't guess at exact percentages, but there are way, way too many hits where the business is not in any of the pictures. Often you can tell by the address and the numbers in the images that the group of pictures being shown are off by an entire city block or more.

I guess before anyone gets too angry about this or the Pending issue, we should all take a deep breath and remember that this is a project still in the early stages of Beta testing. I would advise against making plans to pay rent or buy anything important with your Turk Tips. Just enjoy it for now and let them get the kinks worked out so other companies will be inclined to use the API to provide more and possibly better paying work for us.

2 comments:

Eric Cranston said...

.....seeing that black box just made me realize that somebody needs to start making funny ones

"None of these pictures represent my Aunt Willma's Haird Do"

ok....so that's dumb but it' early in the morning still here on pacific time.

cobaltgrc said...

In case you're interested I set up a free PHP forum. It should tide us over for now. Here it is:

http://youngturk.proboards76.com/index.cgi