Friday, November 11, 2005

New Email

I received a new kind of email from MTurk today. It was entitled "Summary of Payment Activity today." As a QA Analyst I have to point out that "today" should be capitalized like all the other words in the title. It looks odd otherwise.

The email appears to be a summary of how many hits were approved and credited to me in the last 24 hours. It was a grand total of $1.23. To be honest I'm not really interested in receiving this information in the form of an email, but I don't currently see any way to inform Amazon that I don't wish to receive the email. To me it's just easier to log in and see my account balance. There's no need to send an email out every day.

2 comments:

Wayward Hatch said...

That's averaging one every 14.4 seconds. I'm pretty sure I couldn't maintain that rate, but I'm 37 and I do them at night when I'm tired and distracted. If you could somehow maintain that rate for 8 hours a day 22 days a month you'd submit 44,000 hits and with a rejection of 15% you'd get paid for 37,400 which would be $1122. That comes to $6.38 an hour. If you were really hardcore and did it 30 days a month you could make around $1500 but I seriously think I would end up psychotic if I submitted 60,000 hits in 30 days. I'm sure you crazy college kids could manage it though. Heh.

travisl said...

So why does "none of the above" get rejected? It's not like "none of the above" isn't valuable information to them. That just ain't right.

I'm hoping the automotive part descriptions come back online soon, and that it doesn't get stuck on the seat covers again.