Saturday, November 12, 2005

Drivers Wanted

So do you crave driving a cool white SUV with a camera mounted on top all over different cities in the USA? If so then A9 wants to talk to you. Thanks to Fan Wang for the link.

If I was younger and single I'd love doing this job. I did something similar over ten years ago when I drove a white panel van all over Alabama and Georgia trying to find Nextel phones to make modifications to and upgrade their software.

The more I thought about this I wish there could have been something like this when I was in college. I had a student job at the library where I sat in the copy center for hours at a time either studying or trying not to fall asleep. Of course there was barely an Internet back then but it would have been nice to throw a couple extra dollars an hour onto a job where I was basically doing nothing in the first place. Of course I had to walk up hill both ways through the snow to get to this job. You kids today with your Greasemonkey scripts, you don't know how easy you've got it. /grumble

2 comments:

Eric Cranston said...

heh.....I love those hills that defy phsyics and are uphill no matter which direction you go.

Eric Cranston said...

oh ya I've had that happen twice in which someone else's dashboard showed up...but if I went anywhere else I was me again...