Monday, December 05, 2005

5k Hits

I recently submitted my 5000th hit since I started participating in the MTurk project about a month ago. In that month I made a little over $131.00. Not too bad for piddling around in my spare time I suppose.

I've also recently broken down and done a few more Artist Confirmation hits. I still don't really like them, but I have a stubborn, pitiful technique of doing them so if I make three bucks a day doing them I'm happy. I basically skip the hits until I see something like "Pat Boone" or "The Temptations" or something that is obviously "Various Artists." Combining that with have to hit Accept about 10 times before I actually get a hit makes for very slow progress.

I think Amazon's stubborn refusal to do anything about the hits so easily being given to someone else before you have a chance to accept them is soon going to turn me off of the entire project. It's too frustrating. Apparently hits are just shown to as many people as possible until someone clicks accept. It's like they've put you in one of those Vegas "money chambers" where the dollar bills are blowing all around you and you've got so much time to grab as many as you can.

In the past few days people have also been posting on the message boards that they always choose "None of the Others" when doing IA hits. I personally find this distasteful, but it's hard to not expect it. It's the best way to make the highest amount of money in the shortest amount of time so until they implement some method to discourage it, IA hits are probably dead.

No comments: