Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Low User Activity

I was unable to attend last Thursday night's training session hosted by Jeff Barr due to my father passing away that night. Hopefully there will be a transcript available.

From what I can tell, things are slow currently on Mturk. A few new types of hits have shown up, but honestly I find the Top Three hits to be completely uninteresting. If MTurk moves towards becoming just a new way of doing survey work I'd be greatly disappointed.

The new types of hits also lead me to make a suggestion to the Mturk team. It would be a great thing to be able to sort the available hits just by clicking on column headers instead of having to choose from a dropdown list and clicking a button. I realize this would involve changing the layout of how hits are presented to users, but now is a great time to do so while MTurk is still in Beta status. It would also be very desirable to have an easy way to exclude hits from the list, so I wouldn't have to scroll through a lot of Top Three hits to see if there's anything else more interesting to work on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the old man. Take care of yourself.